Thursday, May 22, 2014

Professional But Not Uptight

Hi All!

My goodness, it's been almost about a month since I wrote the last post!  It's been too insanely busy these days.  I'm sure all of you with school-aged children can relate.  The end of the school year is almost as insane as the beginning of the school year.  All these activities and field trips.  On top of it all, you're trying to plan family vacations for the summer.  And not to mention trying to find summer camps to keep your little wild animals busy.  Ahhhh...the joy of motherhood.  ;)

I had to attend a meeting for the boys' school today.  I was one of the room parents for my sons' first grade class.  Today was our last meeting (hooray!).  I am normally a leggings and a simple sweater kind of mom.  But since it's meeting day, I thought I'd step it up a notch.  :)  You know, days like this, I DO try a little.

So here's what I put together last night before I fell asleep with a (very heavy) 3 year old resting on my stomach.  I wanted to look professional but not uptight.





Blazer: Topshop via Nordstrom
Blouse: Old from The Limited, here and here are similar ones from ASOS
Pants: Paige Denim via Nordstrom
Shoes: Kate Spade via Nordstrom
Bag: Louis Vuitton Monceau BB Cross Body Bag

I think I pulled off the look pretty well, don't you think?  I love the whole peplum look of my blazer.  I recently discovered Topshop (I know, I'm so old, how can I have only just discovered Topshop now?!), and came across this beautiful blazer.  I'd been looking for a structured white blazer for while, and this one works perfectly!  For Mother's Day, my hubby generously bought (ok, it's more like I bought it myself) the cross body bag for me.  I had been looking for one for months.  I looked at the Valentino Rockstud, the Celine ones, the Prada, Fendi, Chanel, you name it, I looked.  Then I finally came across this one and absolutely fell in love with it!  Cross body bags are so trendy right now, and I felt this burgundy-ish, eggplant-ish color works well with every outfit.  So far, I haven't been able to put it down!  It was a great investment!  Thank you, Babe!  ;)

Have a wonderful Thursday evening, everyone!  Oh!  Nordstrom is having their Anniversary Sale.  Go. Shop. NOW! 

Xoxo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment