Saturday, May 24, 2014

Gwen Stacy

Happy Saturday!

Ever since I watched "The Amazing Spider Man 2" with my fam bam, I have always wanted to do a post on a "Gwen Stacy" look.  I. Seriously. LOVE. Her. Wardrobe!  Every single outfit that Emma Stonw wore as Gwen in that movie is drool-worthy.  I didn't grow up with super hero comics since I don't have any brothers.  So I don't know the story at all.  When (spoiler alert!) Gwen fell to her death, I was devastated.  No more cute outfits to oodle at!  

Since I own a blue coat, I wanted to do a look that resembled that of Gwen's outfit in that fatal scene.  I found a blouse and a short skirt I already owned, threw on a pair of stockings and black boots, then voĆ­la!

So, here's Emma Stone as Gwen Stacy (I think I have a girl-crush on her.  She's SO adorable):



And here's my version.  Of course I'm no where as cute as Emma Stone.  But given what I had in my closet, I think I did fairly well.  :)



Coat: J Crew from ages ago.  Here's a really cute one (that channels Gwen even better!) from ASOS
Top: Lush via Nordstrom
Skirt: Old from Guess.  Here's a cute one from Guess, and another one here from ASOS
Tights: Old from H&M, here's a pair that's even more Gwen
Boots: Old from Banana Republic, I'm loving these from Ted Baker via Zappos
Bag: Chanel

So the essential pieces you need for this look is actually pretty simple.  A blouse, a mini skater skirt, a pair of stockings, a pair of boots, and a long coat.  Then you've got yourself an outfit that even super heroes can't resist!  ;)

Have a good rest of the weekend!

Xoxo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment