Thursday, July 31, 2014

Eyeliner Trick

Happy Thursday!

I don't know about you, but if I'm going to step out of the house, or even see anyone coming in the house (other than members of my immediate family), I have to do something to my eyes.  I definitely have to use eyeliner and eyebrow filler.  Otherwise I just look like a zombie who had just risen.  Yup, that scary.

I'm always trying to find ways to make my eyes look bigger, and my short Asian eyelashes fuller.  Lucky for me, I finally found mascaras that help in extending my lashes.  And when I curl them, I lift my lashes up (gently!).  Like this:


This definitely helps, I promise.  I also recently discovered that if I put liquid eyeliner above and underneath the lash line, my eyes pop even more.

This is what I'm talking about.  After you put on your liquid eyeliner and mascara, flip the eyelids up, like this:


You see that strip of bare eyelid right above the eyeball, underneath the lash line?  That's what I'm talking about.   Line it with more liquid liner.  And it will look like this:


Makes a difference, right?  My camera phone doesn't take very good pictures.  So I apologize for having blurry images.  But it definitely does make your eyes look slightly bigger.  And here's the end result!


Ok, of course my face is not flawless like pictured above!  I definitely used a filter.  But you get the point.  ;)

Here and here are where you can find the liquid liners I use.  I use the Stila one to line my lids above the lashes, and the Lancome one to line my lids underneath the lashes.  The reason being, Stila liner is pointier, so it's more precise.  The Lancome liner draws more liquid, so it allows me to easily line my below-lashline lids.

Well, here you go.  Makeup trick of the day.  Happy experimenting!

Xoxo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment