Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Giada de Laurentiis's Orzo Salad

Hi Y'all!

It's been a ridiculously long time since I wrote a new post.  What can I say.  The end of the school year was incredibly busy, given I was one of the Room Parents for first grade.  Then summer came around, with kids at home and vacations, there's hardly any time to breath, let alone write a post.

But here I am!  I made this salad from an episode of Giada de Laurentiis's cooking show on the Food Network.  I made it for a party and it was a pretty big hit.  It looks absolutely beautiful too, and SO easy to make.  I'd say make it for your next pool party or summer BBQ.  It's a crowd pleaser!

Here's the link to the Orzo Salad recipe.

And here's a picture of my attempt!  I'd say just use the Swanson brand chicken stock.  I wouldn't waste my money on an organic chicken stock since all we're using it for is to flavor the orzo.



My 3-year-old daughter saw this picture and her immediate reaction was, "Mmmmmmmmm!"

Enjoy!

Xoxo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment