Friday, July 24, 2015

Pokemon Birthday Party

So sorry it's been a while since my last post!  Summer is so busy, as you all know.  I have so many posts planned but just haven't had the time to sit down and write any of it.

First up is the post on my sons' 8th birthday party.  For this one, I didn't have as much time as I did with my daughter's Frozen themed birthday, but I had fun nevertheless.  It's difficult to have my boys agree on the same theme.  I suggested a super heroes theme, but they didn't want it.  They wanted Minecraft, but I didn't know enough about the game to plan a good one.  So we kept going back and forth until we all agreed on Pokemon.

Their birthday falls on May.  The weather was good enough for me to plan a swim party.  So I purchased some bubble wands and water guns via Amazon for the kids to play with.  For decorations, I bought some small Pokemon plush, also from Amazon.  The Pokeballs hanging on the trellis was made with white paper lanterns that I bought from Party City; I just painted the top half red, and used electrical tape for the middle.  I rented the furniture and table linens from Choura Events (there is a story to that one - I'll get to it in a minute).  The backdrop was made from plastic table cloths, and I used my Cricket to make the birthday bunting.  The bounce house was from Awesome Bounce, food was all from Corner Bakery (except for the Pokeball Oreo pops - which I made with Oreos, white and red melted chocolate, and black icing), and photography was done by the talented Thomas Teng from Thomas Teng Photography.  And...the cakes, oh, the beautiful cakes!  They are from Cinderella Cakes.  I LOVE their cakes.  This is where we order cakes every year for our children's birthdays!

So the story with Choura Events was, when I ordered the table linens from them, the sales person typed up the order and I signed it.  The only thing I checked was the dimensions, not the colors.  So what were delivered were a bunch of white table cloths.  I was panicking when I saw them.  I'm usually not one to believe in superstitions, but I don't really like too much white when it's a birthday celebration.  In the Chinese culture, white = death.  But Choura Events was so great in saving the day.  I spoke with the sales person, and voiced my concern, they then sent over some yellow ones, and let me keep the white ones too.  No extra charge!  I am a loyal customer from here on out.  Their customer service is beyond fantastic.  I love you, Choura Events!

Enjoy the pictures!





































xoxo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment