Sunday, June 28, 2015

BB Cream vs. Foundation

Happy Sunday!

I'm excited about this post!  I've been wanting to write about the two beauty products that I've come to love recently.  I'm no Michelle Phan; not even a makeup artist.  Just your daily, regular, 30-something stay-at-home mom of 3.  But most women aren't makeup genius YouTubers, nor are they trained makeup artists.  And I know what works on my skin and what doesn't.  And for someone like me, who is prone to acne breakouts, you'll have to trust me when I say that I've tried a whole lotta products to get to the right balance.  

Since everyone's skin is different, I won't recommend any skin care line or products that will work well on you.  I would have no idea what goes well on anyone.  I thought my skin was super dry, so I was using all kinds of oils and thick moisturizers my entire adult life.  I'd been pretty fine all my life using those, but all of a sudden, for an entire year, I started breaking out like crazy.  One pimple would go down, and five more would come up.  It must be age and the hormones doing their best wreaking havoc on my skin.  I finally saw an aesthetician who put me on a completely different regimen and treated me every 4 weeks.  I realized the products I've been putting on my face were all the wrong ones!  

That being said, I can recommend a couple of beauty products though.  In one of my previous posts, I talked about how wonderful the Chanel Lumière foundations were.  Great coverage, goes on flawlessly, and was the only brand of foundation that I wore.  Well, guess what.  My aesthetician told me that on a scale of 1 to 5, with 1 being the least pore clogging to 5 being the most pore clogging, it actually falls on a 4 and 5.  Well, DUH!  No wonder a bunch of zits decided to set up permanent residency on my face!  My aesthetician then recommended the Tarte BB Tinted Treatment Primer.  She said that was the only liquid that she found out there with no pore clogging ingredients at all.  So I've been using that ever since.  I was originally hesitant about it because I just didn't think it offered enough coverage.  It was only a primer, after all.  Well, here is a picture of me holding the Chanel foundation and the Tarte BB Primer on each side of my face, with the makeup being on the side of my face covered with it.  


Can't even tell a difference, can you?  I guess if you wanted to go on date night, you can wear the Chanel one, then immediately wash it off when you get home.  But Tarte is the only one I use now on a daily basis.  It offers great coverage, and goes on seamlessly as well.  It's also a lot more friendly to your wallet than Chanel.  

I wouldn't throw away my beloved Chanel though.  On those rare occasions when the hubby and I do get to sneak out, it's my go-to product.  Even though we've been married nearly 11 years, I still want to look nice for him.  :)  

You can find Tarte BB Tinted Treatment Primer here, and the Chanel Perfection Lumière here.  

That's it for now!  Guess what.  Today is just any regular o'Sunday.  I'm going straight to the sink to wash off my makeup.  Sometimes, you just need to let your skin breathe.  

xoxo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment