Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Summer in April

Hi Everyone!

It sure is hot here in So Cal.  I don't know what happened...it was pouring last week then all of sudden this heat wave.  That's ok, it gives us more reason to utilize our pool.

I've been wanting to showcase this beautiful dress for a while now...just never got the chance to after we returned from Taiwan.  It is so much work just pose for pictures!  I have to put extra makeup on , curl my hair, decide on what to pair with the dress, etc.  I have a whole new appreciation for fashion bloggers now!  I'm getting a haircut tomorrow,  so I wanted to curl my hair one more time before I sport a brand new 'do.  Most moms can relate...it's such a pain having long hair when you're dealing with kids.  I find myself putting my hair in a ponytail almost all the time.  The time has come to part ways with my long hair.  See you next year!

Enough about the hair.  I wrote this post to tell you about my clothes.  I saw this Alice & Olivia dress online one day and just had to have it.  I love it because it has a halter top, which is not very commonly seen.  Nevermind that it completely exposes my back; I can only wear it when I go out with either my husband or my girlfriends.  ;)   I LOVE this dress.  I wish I had more opportunity to wear it!  Hint, hint to the hubby!  ;)

The color of the dress is silver, I'd normally go with silver accessories, but I thought the red in my Saint Laurent clutch would pop against the silver background.  And since there was gold on the clutch, I paired my accessories to match the bag.





Dress: Alice & Olivia, old; for the life of me I can't find it online anywhere, but here's another really cute Alice & Olivia dress
Shoes: Badgley Mischka, super old; these here by Ivanka Trump are similar
Bag: Saint Laurent Ligne Y Clutch
Bracelet: Hermes H Bracelet 


Thanks for reading, happy shopping!

Xoxo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment