Thursday, June 4, 2015

Yet Another Frozen Birthday Party

My daughter recently turned 4.  It sounds so cliché, but it's true.  How time flies.  The movie came out and was in the height of it's popularity when she turned 3, but remember the time when Frozen anything was in short demand?  It's hard to believe, since everywhere you turn now, Elsa and Olaf are right in front of you.  But it was only about a year ago that there was such a shortage of Frozen products.  Hence I waited an entire year to plan one for my daughter.  And it was the perfect timing to do one for her 4th birthday.  Pinterest had tons of ideas, there were Frozen products everywhere, and I had time to shop until I dropped for the party.

I made whatever I could get done easily and quickly.  Time is of utmost value to me!  And whatever I couldn't make, I bought.  For example, I did a lot of research on Easy and Pinterest regarding the invitation.  I didn't want to send an evite.  Luckily I looked early, and found some beautiful snowflake cards in December that were blank inside.  All I did was type up the words, printed them out on paper, and pasted them on the inside of the card.

I didn't want an Elsa cake - every little girl under the sun had an Elsa cake - and I didn't want to have Elsa et al popping up all over the party.  I went with a more simple Frozen look.  Everything was blue and white, I had snowflakes throughout the party, and princess stuff and swords for the kids to play with.  I bought most of the decorations from Party City, Dollar Tree, Homegoods, and Birthday Express.  I made my own birthday banner.  I hired Elsa and Anna to come sing for the kids via Princess Party Productions.  They were fantastic, btw.  I called and booked them 6 months in advance, just to ensure their availability!   And, because of the entire year I spent planning my party, I had to hire a photographer to photograph every moment!  Thomas from Thomas Teng Photography did a fantastic job.  I couldn't be happier with the results!  So of course I had to hire him back 2 months later to shoot my sons' birthday party too!  :)  For event furniture, I rented them from Choura Events.  They were so professional.  There's a story behind my review, I'll tell you about it in the post about my sons' birthday party.

Enjoy the photos and drop me a comment if you have any questions!

I'm pretty proud of my spread!
The inside - excuse the iTunes gift cards - I had to cover info!
The front of the invitation


Me and the birthday princess
I bought mason jars and hot glued Dollar Tree snow flakes on

Snowmen Arms (Pretzel sticks)

Elsa's Icicles (Blue rock candy)
Elsa's Snowballs (Cake pops with white candy coating)
Elsa's Wand and Tiara
Hans's Sword (The boys needed something!)
Melted Snowmen (Blue lemonade and water)

I also made snowmen string cheese.  But the photographer didn't take a picture of them.  Here's an example of them.  I basically just used Washi tape and permanent markers.  I made 50 of them!

Here are the party pictures!




LOOK at her face!  This picture alone makes all the work worth it!




Xoxo,
Lin

3 comments:

  1. Great pics! Glad you're back to blogging-love ur tips. So talented! That second to last photo though -wow! precious! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete