Friday, October 9, 2015

Falling Into You

Hi Everyone!

TGIF!  Boy, was I waiting for today like a child waiting for his milk and cookies.  It's been a really tough week.  We had to put our dog to sleep this Monday, and it's been incredibly hard on our entire family. We've had our dog, Koko, for over 10 years; she was really the sweetest dog you can have.  When I told the the kids, they all broke down in tears.  And even as I'm typing this, my eyes are welling up.  Kok kept everyone company even until the last days of her life.  She would wait for me to return home after dropping off the kids at school, so I was never lonely; she would wait downstairs with my husband until he finished working, late into the night, and walk upstairs with him when he was finally ready for bed; she'd lie down on the carpet with my daughter, who would talk to her about anything and everything, and let her put clip-on earrings on her; she'd accompany my son to his room when I told him to shower, so that he wouldn't be alone.

We had another dog that passed away a couple of years ago, but this one really hit everyone hard. Because this one was our only dog, and she was such a sweetheart.  I still find myself automatically looking under my feet after propping them up on the coffee table, making sure I don't step on her if I got up, only to realize that wait, there isn't anyone down there.  And when I enter my house through my garage, I'm still slowly opening the door because I'm used to her waiting for me there.  

We miss you, Koko!  You were the best companion to all of us.  We will never forget you, and this is a way for us to remember you always.  You'll be in our hearts forever.

Ok, well, now that I got you all crying (sorry)...back to our regular program...

It's been a little cooler these days.  Thank goodness because it's just been too hot.  I don't know if I mentioned this in my other posts, but my daughter keeps saying it over and over again, and I thought it's so funny because she says it with such enthusiasm, in that squeaky 4-year-old voice, that I had to mention it again.  "I'm DONE with the heat!!!"

So I see that suede skirts has been trending these days.  And I've been dying to try it out.  I finally got a cute one from Zara that is totally appropriate for Fall.  In a simple, dark brown color, you can dress it either up or down.  I did the two looks so you get an idea of what a great investment this piece can be!


Casual



Skirt: Zara
Jacket: Gap
Bag: CĂ©line



Dressy


Shoes: Cole Haan, so old but these here are so cute!
Necklace: Madewell

Thanks for reading!  Have a great weekend!

xoxo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment