Friday, October 30, 2015

Coral Me Mine

Happy Friday!

It's been a couple of weeks since I did a fashion post.  24 hours in a day just isn't enough!

But since my boys are off from school today, I am forced to stay home.  And since they are home,  my photographer is finally free as well. :)

I scored this beautiful coral BCBG dress when we were on vacation in Maui.  We were doing a family photo shoot and I didn't have anything to wear.  If you read my post about that vacation, you might recall seeing this dress.  It was on sale, it was perfect for photos, so I bought it.  I wore this dress again for my children's piano recital this past Saturday - which was phenomenal, by the way.  I can't tell you how proud I am as their mom when I watch that all their efforts from practicing has paid off.  *beam*

And you know me.  I love finding multiple ways of wearing a dress.  It's just more bang for your buck when you can style a fancy dress for casual wear.  I went the casual route for the recital, and it was the perfect balance - since it was a Halloween-themed recital, it wasn't meant to be fancy and stuffy.  Yet, at the same time, it IS a performance, and there WAS an audience. I didn't exactly want to go in flip flops and shorts. I think my outfit stroke the perfect note.  Pun intended!



Casual


Dress: BCBG, similar here
Jacket: GAP
Shoes: Tory Burch, old, this one here is really cute
Bag: Zara, older, this metallic one here is gorgeous
Necklace: H&M, old, this one here is adorable as well



Dressy


Shoes: Jimmy Choo via Neiman Marcus
Bag: Saint Laurent, similar here
Necklace: J Crew, similar here

This is my first pair of Jimmy Choos.  And my gosh, now I know what all the hype is about.  They're so incredibly comfortable.  I never thought they were that appealing - I like my fancy shoes really fancy.  Like, bling bling fancy.  Somehow Jimmy Choos never caught my eye. But I needed a pair of shoes in a metallic silver/gold color for an upcoming wedding. I searched up and down my local mall, all over the internet, and finally settled on this one.  And am I really glad I got them!  You get what you pay for, that's for sure! You might be thinking, "Why would I need such nice shoes?  I don't have any where fancy to go!"  Trust me.  There are always places to wear nice shoes.  GNOs, baby showers, bridal showers, weddings, company holiday parties, anniversary parties, Vegas, etc, etc.  Take my advice, buy the ONE pair of really nice shoes (in a neutral color), and forgo all the other ten pairs of mediocre shoes.  Your feet will thank you!

Happy shopping!

xo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment