Thursday, November 19, 2015

Stir Fried Sole with Celery

Hi Everyone!

Oh, is it good to be writing again!  I was MIA in the last few weeks because I was so busy putting up my sons' school book fair. I think I'm going to do a post about that too, and label it under "parties."  It was quite a production - literally!  I mean, we chose a Hollywood theme, because you know me, I love my glamour!  And having a fun theme really gets me excited about decorations and stuff.  Which is what I love to do.  So, if you need inspiration on book fairs, stay tuned!

Well, this post is about my life going back to normal and being able to cook for my family again.  I found this recipe on a Chinese cook book also - I don't take credit for stuff that's not original!  So here it is, translated into English.






Ingredients:

Sole fillet, cut into 2 inch sections
Celery - about 1/2 a stalk, sliced
1 carrot, sliced
ginger, thinly sliced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tbsp wine
1 tsp corn starch

Instructions:

1) Marinate sole fille in soy sauce, wine, corn starch, and ginger for about 15 min
2) Stir fry celery and carrots, add salt, remove
3) Stir fry fillet until about 80% done, put celery and carrots back in
4) Add sugar, cook for another 5 minutes, or until fish is fully cooked

Happy cooking!

xo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment