Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Deep Fried Sole Fillet





Hi Everyone!

I've done deep friend fish before-but never was able to make it crispy and have the batter stick to the actual fillet.

I've finally just given up and consulted a cookbook.  Turned out, you're supposed to batter the fish in this order 1) flour, 2) egg, 3) bread crumbs.  And guess what?  VoĆ­la!  It turns out beautifully when it's done in this order!

I chose to put my fish on a bed of stir fried chive buds because my husband loves them.  But you can really put it on a bed of any stir friend vegetable.  Or even just with some lettuce leaves.  Or on it's own.  Although the recipe calls for marinating the fish, you can still dip with either ketchup or a mixture of salt and pepper.  My kids love ketchup - which kid doesn't - so that's what we used.

Ingredients

1 package of sole fillet - you can use any, actually.  I just got the one from Trader Joe's, comes with 3 strips
1 cup flour
3 eggs
3 cups bread crumbs - I used panko bread crumbs, you can use regular ones

Seasoning

Cooking wine
salt
pepper - optional

Instructions

1) slice fish fillet into rectangular pieces.  Marinate in seasoning for about 20 minutes
2) Coat fillets in 1) flour, 2) beaten eggs, 3) bread crumbs
3) Heat oil, turn heat to medium, fry fillets to golden

This is an easy way to make a fast meal.  Or if you're trying to show off your cooking skills at a potluck, this is an easy dish to prepare.

Hope you enjoy it as much as my family did!


No comments:

Post a Comment