Sunday, November 22, 2015

Stitch Fix

Hi Everyone!

I'm sure most of you know what the title of this post refers to.  For those of you that don't, Stitch Fix is a styling service website where you get monthly (or more often, based on preference) "fixes" of fashion items.  You fill out a profile on their website, and a stylist will style a fix for you based on it.  So you basically get a present every month!  Of course you have to pay for the service, it's $20 per fix, and you get five things sent to you.  Keep the items you want, and mail back the items you don't want.  Check out online, the $20 styling fee applies to the stuff you keep.

It's a really fun service.  I jumped to it when I first found out about the service.  But then I wasn't really liking my monthly fixes.  I felt that the stylist didn't really get me.  So I cancelled for a while, then decided to give it another try.  My November fix was surprisingly good!  When I opened the box, at first glance I wasn't very impressed.  But I still tried on each item.  To my surprise, one of the blouses that I tried on was very flattering!  And the jeans that were sent to me - let me tell you, I already have a handful of black jeans - but this pair, I kept it because it was so incredibly comfortable.

It's truly a fun experience each time I get my box of fixes.  I eagerly await its arrival when the date is close, and when I finally see it at my doorstep, it's like, "Ok, the kids can wait on their dinner.  Mama is trying on clothes first!"

Here's my most recent fix.  I paired the blouse with the black pants, and accessorized the ensemble with a black glittered Rebecca Minkoff clutch and Valentino Rockstud pumps.  On my lips I'm wearing a plum-colored lipstick.  Perfect for the season.  The rather business-like pairing suddenly look hip when I added fun and edgy accessories to it.  I'm still relatively conservative.  My idea of "edgy" is as edgy as a mother-of-three type of edgy gets.  ;)




Blouse: Fun 2 Fun via Stitchfix
Pants: Just Black via Stitchfix
Clutch: Rebecca Minkoff Leo Envelope Clutch via Amazon


Happy shopping!

xo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment