Thursday, August 20, 2015

Hong Kong Style Egg Tarts

Happy Thursday!

So we celebrated my hubby's birthday yesterday.  Given that I have a little more time on my hands these days, I decided that I would surprise him with his favorite dessert on his birthday.  Him and his egg tarts. What can I say?  He loves them so much that every time we have Dim Sum, he'll get two orders of the delicious egg yumminess.  What better way to celebrate his special day with some home made ones?

It's really quite simple to make them, actually.  I got my recipe from All Recipes.  I followed the direction to a T, but I think you're better off using 1 1/3 cups of butter, and 8 eggs.  The recipe calls for 1 cup of butter and 9 eggs.  I found that 9 eggs made the egg flavor a little too strong. Also, you'd definitely have to bake for at least 25-30 minutes instead of the 15 the recipe calls for.  I found myself adding more and more time to the timer since the tart crusts just weren't hardening.

Well, without further ado, here's the website where I got my recipe from.  And here are photos of the ingredients and the finished products.  Happy baking!




xoxo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment