Sunday, January 26, 2014

Casual Sunday

I had to enlist my hubby's help on this one...

I wanted to post some style tips but I can't take pictures of myself.  So my husband took some pictures of me.  I told him, "Don't laugh!"  But it was I who kept giggling uncontrollably.   It's really difficult to try posing as if you're supposed to be on a magazine.   Especially when you've got nothing remotely near what it takes to be a model.  ;) 

But I had a cute outfit that I put on which I wanted to share with you all.  I was inspired by all these fashion bloggers online these days.  And I've been getting style tips from Pinterest as well.  I had a pair of red pants that I just didn't know what to do with anymore, but I saw a post that involved a pair of shorts and a red blazer.  I thought to myself, I've got blazers of other colors, and I have a pair of red shorts, what if I just reversed the outfit?  Since today seemed kind of cloudy, I decided that I'd do the pants instead.


It's a very simple look, easy to pull off.  I just put on a white T-shirt from Nordstrom, my red jeans from Express (old - but here's a similar pair from Old Navy), a blazer I got from J Crew last year (which I actually found online for you at the J Crew Factory store for a discounted price!  You're welcome!), and my nude Charles David pumps (I couldn't find the same pair online, but here is a similar pair from Nine West).  For short girls like me, The best way to elongate your legs is to wear nude pumps.  For accessories, I chose a very simple snowflake charm necklace and matching snowflake earrings.  Both from Banana Republic (I got them on sale, they're all out now.  But here is a necklace, and here, a pair of earrings that has the same effect).

You can pair this outfit with a long necklace too and hoop earrings.  The look will be just as chic. :)

That's it for now!  Thanks for stopping by!

Xoxo,
Lin




No comments:

Post a Comment