Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Old Dress Repurposed

The kids just got back from Chinese class, and since I got take-out for dinner tonight (yes, this mother needs a break sometimes too), I have a little time to write my post.

I went to the gym this morning and took a great class that left me breathless and sore all over.  But I felt fantastic afterwards.  I took a shower and felt even more charged - I figured I could use this energy and think up a post to write.  I put on an outfit I had wanted to blog about for a while, even though I had no where important to go.  LOL.


The white lace top I'm wearing is actually a dress.  I bought this dress from H&M two years ago, and I've only worn it once.  It was cute at the time, but SO short!  I paired it with stockings and wore it to a Christmas event, I think.  And that was that.  I mean, I've got 3 kids!  It's just a little bit embarrassing to be parading around in such a short dress.  :P  I brought it out of my closet recently and was going to donate it, but then I remembered another blog post where the author used her dress as a shirt.  So I wanted to try that look too.  And what do you know, it works well!  Who knew you could use a dress as a shirt?  Genius!  I paired it with a gray skater skirt that I bought at Nordstrom last year, gray stockings from H&M, and a pair of Vince Camuto booties.  Then for accessories I had on a long necklace that I bought at a local store where I live, but this necklace here is so cute that it would work as well.  I wore white flower stud earrings that I bought at Francesca's a while ago, but here is a really cute pair as well. 

My dress was so old that you can't find it in the stores nor online anymore.  So here is a similar one from Forever 21.  Here is the skater skirt from Nordstrom.  Here is the pair of ribbed tights I wore.  Here are the Vince Camuto booties - ok, can I just say that I LOVE these?!  They seriously are the most comfortable shoes and they go with everything!

And the best part is...in case you want to feel sexy and wear that short short dress by itself sometimes, you can definitely do that too!  ;)

Hope this post inspires you to repurpose some old clothes from your closet too!  Good night!

Xoxo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment