Monday, March 3, 2014

Butterfly Kisses

Happy Monday, everyone!

I am actually writing this on Sunday, as I'm watching the gorgeous stars walking across the Red Carpet.  So I don't know what the outcome of the awards are.  But I do have to tell you this - ever since I started blogging about clothes, and it's only been, what, a month?  I see the whole fashion thing in a different light!  Really!  It's amazing how I pay more attention to the shapes and the forms of the actresses' dresses.   I'm loving Jennifer Lawrence's red dress, Lupita Nyong'o's GORGEOUS baby blue dress, and so far, I saw a glimpse of Goldie Hawn's dress with those glittery off-the-shoulder sleeves.  Anyway, there's so much more to come, and so much I want to say about the dresses, I think it's best to just leave the Oscar talk to those who blog about the Oscars!

On with my own stuff!  So...I'm running low on new clothes to post on my blog!  Which means...I need to buy more clothes so I can put in more posts...I don't think my hubby likes the sound of that...sorry Babe!  ;)

I was thinking up a look that I can blog about all this weekend.  It was raining non-stop all weekend so I had plenty of time to stay indoors and think up something.  I remembered that I bought a really cute black skater skirt not long ago from H&M.  I wanted to pair it with my beloved butterfly sweater that I bought last year from J Crew.

I don't wear multiple colors at once very often, but I thought that yellow and red works well together since they're both warm tones.  So here I am, for the first time, mixing colors on an outfit.  The look is pretty youthful looking, so I decided to do my hair kinda punk rock-ish.  I thought the look was pulled off pretty well!


My dog tried to make an appearance too!
 Top: J Crew, similar here from Nordstrom
Skirt: H&M, here
Belt: Bloomingdales, similar here from Kate Spade
Tights: Ann Taylor, here
Shoes: Steve Madden, no longer available, similar here
Earrings: Banana Republic, here ;
Clutch: Saint Laurent, here


Xoxo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment