Thursday, March 13, 2014

Za Jung Noodle

So yesterday was one of those insanely busy days that I referenced here on a previous post.  Therefore I decided to make noodles for dinner.

Oh, how I love noodles.  I can eat them in any shape or form, with any type of sauce.  Whether it's Western or Eastern cuisine, I love them all.  That's why I love it whenever I get the opportunity to make noodles.  Easy and simple.  Most of my noodle recipes takes about 30 minutes from prep to finish.  So it's a great go-to meal when you need something in a hurry.

This noodle sauce is as easy as pie to make, the only thing is that you would really need to go to an Asian market for the main ingredients - the bean pastes.  Other than the pastes, everything else can pretty much be purchased at any grocery store.  You might have to find baked tofu at the Asian markets too, but even firm tofu will do.

Za Jun Noodle

Ingredients

1 lb ground beef, port, chicken, or turkey (I always use beef)
1 package of baked tofu (or just regular firm tofu)
1 large onion, chopped
2 cloves chopped garlic
1 cup sweetened soybean paste
1/2 cup broad bean paste (I actually found one here on Amazon for you!  Amazing!)
1 1/2 cup water
1 cup oil

Steps

1) Heat about 1/2 cup oil, stir fry ground beef until done, remove from pan
2) Heat remaining oil, stir fry garlic until golden brown, throw in chopped onion until opaque
3) Throw in tofu, toss for about a minute, put ground beef back in
4) Put the bean pastes and water in.  Toss until everything is coated evenly.
5) Reduce heat to medium and cover.  Let cook for about 10 minutes.
6) Cook noodles according to package instructions.  Drain when done.
7) Pour Za Jung sauce over noodles.  Enjoy!

The sauce on Amazon is similar to the one on the right.  Not the same brand but same sauce.




Xoxo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment