Friday, September 18, 2015

It's All Business

If you're a SAHM like me, we're probably in either workout clothes or jeans all day.  But that doesn't mean we can't dress professionally once in a blue moon.  I like the clean, crisp look of a pair of nice pants and some nice black pumps.  Dressing up professionally just makes me feel a little smarter.  I mean, I stay home and listen to talks of Minecraft and princesses all day.  So, if I can feel a little more "adult" just by dressing more like one, then I'm all for it.

I saw this pair of really cute heels on bananarepulic.com the other day, and again, just had to have them.  It's a bit on the edgy side, but pair them with a pair of nice pants, it actually makes the outfit that much more fun.  So you're looking professional but you still have an edge.  My day-to-day style isn't very adventurous, but I can sneak in little surprises to make an outfit more interesting.

And, let me tell you.  If you don't know already (and I don't know why you wouldn't know), the Portofino Shirts from Express are seriously the most versatile, comfortable, and fabulously structured blouses I have ever seen!  And very well-priced at just under $60!  They're also having a buy one, get one for $19.90 sale going on.  I probably own at least 4 of these shirts.  As far as I'm concerned, they're the best thing since sliced bread!  Depending on the style, you can wear them with shorts and a pair of cute sandals, or wear them with pants and heels like I did in this picture, and head to work looking polished.  Honestly, I love them.


Blouse: Super old from Express, here are a selection of other Potofino Shirts from Express
Bag: Chanel, here's a fun but still similar one by Stella McCartney from Nordstrom

What did I say about the shoes?  Aren't they to-die-for?!  Oh, and the Stella McCartney bag I found as a substitute for the Chanel?  I LOVE it!  If I didn't have the Chanel already, I just might get the SM one!  Happy shopping!

xoxo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment