Friday, September 4, 2015

Lady in Blue

Happy Friday!

I was doing my routine Amazon "stalking," (I say "stalking" because I love going through it and seeing what they have to offer) when I saw this cute dress popping up on my screen.  Albeit the model wearing the dress is so much taller than me.  But I couldn't help but notice how comfortable she looks in it!  So naturally, I bought it.  :)

What is not to like?  It's been so hot to the point where I don't feel like I'm roasting, but more like melting.  My skin is practically falling off my bones.  When is this heat wave going to end?  So when I got the dress in the mail, I immediately took off what I was wearing, and put the dress on.  Ahhh...infinitely cooler.

Because I'm not very tall, and the dress is quite long, I decided to pair the dress with strappy heels like the model on Amazon.  I know Stuart Weitzman has these cute scrappy heels that's all the rage these days, but as simple as it looks, which means it will probably stand the test of time, I was still wary of the pricy tag of $400+.  What if the style doesn't last?  So I opted for a less expensive version from Schutz.  As for hair, I wore mine in a bun, contrasting the flowing hem of the dress.  Add some gold bangles, and an adorable tote from Zara, bam!  I was ready to go out in style!  Only...it was a weekday during summer vacation...so, I had no where to go.  LOL!  Hey, at least I looked good for myself for a moment there!  :)


Shoes: Here are the Stuart Weitzman ones from Nordstrom, and here are the Schutz ones from Amazon
Bag: Combined Shopper Bag from Zara
Sunglasses: Gucci
Bangles: Really old from J Crew & Nordstrom, here are some really cute collections from Banana Republic

Have a great weekend, and happy shopping!

xoxo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment