Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Almond Chicken



So I've been looking for more ways to make chicken these days.  My son loves it, and it's a healthier alternative to beef.  The problem was, I had no idea what to do with chicken other than put it in soup and baking it.

Luckily I found this recipe on Pinterest.  The recipe actually calls for cashew.  But I'm not a big fan of cashews myself, and neither are my children.  So I substituted with sliced almonds instead.  And since my husband doesn't like celery, I skipped that as well, and instead used a yellow bell pepper.  I didn't use exact measurements in my version.  I usually just eyeball everything.  After nearly 2 decades of cooking, that comes easy!  Pour this over rice, and you'll have a crowd-pleasing meal.  Although in my family, I always have to make 3 different dishes for dinner - "variety," says the hubby!

Here's the recipe.  Happy cooking!

xoxo,
Lin


No comments:

Post a Comment