Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Peppered Beef






I've been wanting to write this post for a while, truth be told, it's because this dish is so amazingly delicious.  Seriously.  I never thought the beef I cook could be so tender.  This recipe calls for black pepper, but I skipped it since my kids won't eat anything remotely spicy.  You can decide whether you want to use it or not.  Either way, it's incredibly yummy.  Your whole family will be asking for more and more servings until it's all gone!

Ingredients
Beef fillet (I just used one rib-eye steak)
1 onion
3 cloves garlic
Marinade:
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp wine
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp cornstarch
water
Sauce:
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp black pepper
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp ketchup
1 tbsp cornstarch

Instructions
1) Cut beef into 1 inch cubes, then soak in above marinade for 20 minutes
2) Cut onion into slices
3) Mince garlic
4) Run beef through heated oil then remove
5) Heat another 2 tbsp of oil; stir fry onion, then add garlic and sauce described above until thickened.  Add beef and stir fry.

Voila!  Bon apetit!

xoxo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment