Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Seafood and Tofu Casserole







Hi Everyone!  I've been so busy recently with my sons' school - I'm running the school Fall book fair with another mom, and it's just been, non-stop go, go, go!  Everyday has a deadline, everything needs to be done immediately.  I'm telling ya, those people doing your children's school book fairs, they deserve a huge pat on their backs for all the hard work they're putting into the schools.  I would've never thought it would be so hard until I had to run it this year.  It literally is running a real business, and it takes a village to make it work.

The only reason I'm telling you this is because I normally do two posts a week - Tasty Tuesday with a recipe, and Fashion Friday with a "look."  My Tasty Tuesday today is already later than usual.  There might be weeks where I won't do any posts at all!  But I will try my very best.  I love sharing with everyone anything food, fun, and fashion related!

So I got today's recipe from a Chinese cook book.  I will share this recipe since it's not online.  This dish was so good.  I always order this when I go to a Chinese restaurant.  So when I saw the recipe in the cookbook, it was almost like hitting the cooking jackpot.  :)

Ingredients
6 scallops
1/2 lb of shrimp (peeled and deveined)
1 box tofu
1/2 carrot
3 mushrooms (cut in halves)
bamboo shoot (optional - I didn't have any so I omitted it)
1 cup of sweet pea
1 stalk green onion
4 slices of ginger
1 tbsp cornstarch solution (cornstarch + water)
3 cups chicken broth (I used chicken stock - it's more flavorful)

Seasoning
dash of salt
1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp sugar
1 tbsp wine

Instructions
1) Marinate shrimp and scallop in salt and 1/2 tbsp cornstarch for 10 min
2) Cut tofu into 1 inch pieces
3) Slice carrot, green onion, and ginger
4) Heat pot, fry shrimps, drain
5) Heat pot with 2 tbsp oil, fry green onion and ginger until fragrant, add mushroom, carrot, tofu, and broth - stir.  Then add shrimp, scallops, and sweet peas.  Add oyster sauce, soy sauce, salt, sugar, and wine.  Thicken with cornstarch solution.  Remove to casserole dish.

Hope you liked this recipe as much as I did!  Please don't limit yourself!  Add fish fillets or squid if you like those too!

xoxo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment