Friday, February 7, 2014

Chambray Shirtdress

I wanted to post a recipe for spare ribs last night, as I make a really simple yet delicious stack of pork ribs.  But, of course, things don't always go the way they're planned. As I was using my knife to cut through the plastic wrappings, I accidentally cut my pinky.  It wasn't just a tiny cut, it was deep enough that I couldn't stop the bleeding, and couldn't really see how deep it was because there was just too much blood.  So I called my husband, who told me to take the kids with me to urgent care, and that he'd meet me there and pick them up from there.  Luckily there was one close by my house, and had barely anyone waiting inside.  I was seen within 15 minutes upon arrival.  I was lucky enough to not require stitches.  The P.A. just put medical glue on me, and gave me some antibiotics.  Thank goodness.

So instead of a recipe, I'm doing another post about, what else, clothes.  The day I went into Anthropologie to pick up that beautiful skirt, I also picked up this chambray shirtdress.  It was so cute that I couldn't resist it.  It was displayed with a brown leather belt instead of the cloth one it came with, so I got the belt too.  Here I paired the ensemble with my brown boots from Cole Haan again.  For accessories, I couldn't resist throwing on a statement necklace to add some sparkles to the outfit, and some simple gold hoop earrings.



Here is the shirtdress from Anthropologie.  I can't find the belt for you online, but here is a similar one.  The boots are old, and here is a similar pair.  I got the necklace on Hautelook.com from one of their flash sales, but here's a similar one from Francesca's with the same color tones.  My gold hoop earrings were college graduation gifts from my mom's best friend (hence, super old), but here's a similar pair.

I hope this post made it in time for you to incorporate into your weekend plans!  Have a good weekend, everyone!

Xoxo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment