Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Pork Spare Ribs

Do you ever stand in front of your refrigerator and wonder, "What on Earth am I going to make for dinner tonight?"  Of course you do.  We all have one of those moments.

Well, I'd like to introduce a dish that my mom created not too long ago.  It's so easy.  All you do is marinade, let sit for about 15-20 minutes, and pop in the oven.  Here's the recipe below.

Pork Spare Ribs

1 rack of spare ribs (mine was about 2 lbs)
1 tablespoon of sugar
1 cup of wine (any wine will do, this is only to mask the meat smell)
2 cups of soy sauce
2 tablespoons of sesame oil

1) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2) Combine all ingredients in a bowl, then pour into a gallon-size Ziplock bag (or you can go directly to the Ziplock!).
3) Peel off the membrane on one side of the ribs (absorbs marinade better this way).  Cut ribs into 3 parts.  Toss in bag.
4) Marinade for approx. 20 minutes.  Ten minutes each side.
5) Pour ribs and sauce into either a 9x13 cake pan or a Pyrex glass container, bake for about 40-45 minutes.
6) Once ribs are done, and if the sauce hasn't evaporated, I pour the sauce over rice for the kids.  They LOVE it.

I hope you enjoy the ribs as much as my kids do!

Xoxo,
Lin

I already served one part of the three before I took this picture.  This is finger-lickin' good!


No comments:

Post a Comment