Monday, February 3, 2014

Mother/Daughter Lunar New Year Outfit Take II

I don't know about other cultures, but the Chinese celebrate the Lunar New Year with a 7 day break.  Of course that doesn't apply to us here in the States, but wouldn't that be nice though?  Ahh...wishful thinking.  Anyway, on the 2nd day of the New Year, it's a tradition that the daughters return to her parents home and have dinner with them.

So after celebrating with my husband's side of the family, the next day we visited mine.  My family is ridiculously small compared to my husband's. It's just us, my sister and her husband, and my mom.  And as my sister wasn't there last night, it was just the 5 of us with my mom.  However, with 3 kids, there is never a dull moment anywhere they go.

So since it was a New Year's dinner, I did the whole red outfits thing again.  But of course we had to change it up.  I chose a red lace dress this time.  I've worn my dress so much on it's own, that I wanted to pair it with something different to create a different look.  I mean, it's easy to just wear the dress by itself and thrown on some heels with it.  Instead, I went with a leather jacket, a scarf, and black boots.  I wanted to pair the dress with something that you wouldn't expect to go with a romantic lace dress.  I put Baby K in a red Chi Pao this time.





I got my red dress on Modcloth a while ago, and they're not carrying it anymore.  But here's a pretty similar one on ASOS.com.  My leather jacket was by Halogen that I got from Nordstrom before Thanksgiving; I was really surprised they're not carrying it anymore, but I found a very similar one here.  It was my first leather jacket, and I didn't want anything too biker-ish.  So I got one that was quilted with no zippers.    The more I wear it, the softer it gets.  And it definitely keeps me warm while still looking very chic.  My boots are super old from Banana Republic, but I found a cute pair on Zappos.com on sale here.  My scarf is Gucci; I got it as a Christmas present from my mother-in-law.  You can find it here.  My mom got Baby K's Chi Pao as a Baby Shower gift, but you can find it on Chinasprout.com as well.

Well, I wish our celebration could last as long as the ones in Asia, but unfortunately we have to get back to work and school and being busy, busy, busy.   So, until the next post!  Bye!

Xoxo,
Lin


No comments:

Post a Comment