Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Valentine's Day Romance

As you can see from the picture, I got a haircut today.

Thank goodness for my fabulous hairdresser!  It was about time I had to chop off some of the lion's mane.  I have pretty healthy hair, no complaint there, but it's seriously so healthy that it just falls flat.  No volume, nothing.  So I went in for a touch-up on my highlights and a trim.  Voila!  I feel like a whole new person.

And of course, which girl wouldn't want their pictures taken when they step out of the salon?   So I thought it was perfect timing for a romantic look, just in time for Valentine's Day.

So here's a little funny story about my outfit.  As you can see, the focus is all on the skirt.  I was returning something from Anthropologie last month, and as I was stepping out of the store, I saw a lady at the counter with this skirt, asking the salesperson what she can pair with it.  The minute I saw the skirt, I went to the salesperson and asked her why I couldn't find it in the store.  It was the prettiest skirt I'd ever seen!  She told me that the skirt belonged to the lady and that she'd brought it in to find something to go with it.  So of course I had to ask the lady where she got it.  She said that she got it from Anthropologie online, and that she'd gotten two, one at full price, and one on sale, so she's returning the one she got at full price.  I'm like, if it's the same size I wear, I'm SO buying it.  And of course it is.  So I told the saleslady, who said she had to tag it and list it back into the inventory, and would take a while.  I was already running late picking up my daughter from school, so I told her to hold it for me, and I'd pick it up the next day.  Of course I picked it up the next day!  I looked online, the original price was over $180, the lady returning it got it at somewhere close to $65, and by the time I got it, it was only $49.  I totally scored.  Needless to say, I was feeling pretty good the next day.  :)

Since the skirt was so beautiful, and sparkly as it is, I didn't want to throw on more sparkles.  i just wanted to wear it with some simple stuff.  Otherwise the whole look would be too overwhelming, and that's so not me.





So here, I put together an ensemble that would be perfect for Valentine's Day.  Nothing is more Valentine's Day-ish than the colors pink and red.  Therefore I threw on a cream colored sweater for a clean canvas, a red belt to add some color, and a red coat to complete the look.  I wore a pair of pale pink, almost nude, shoes with a bit of pizazz to go with the outfit.  I thought the overall look was pulled off pretty well!

As I said, I got the skirt from Anthropologie.  They don't carry it anymore, but here's a lace one I found on Forever 21 that's got the same idea: details and A-line.  The sweater is Halogen, which I got from Nordstrom, and you can find it here.  I got the belt last year at Bloomingdales, here's a really cute one from Kate Spade.  The shoes are Valentino, and you can find them here.  The red coat is a super old one from Banana Republic, here's a similar one on sale.

There you go!  I was able to write that whole post because Baby K fell asleep in the car on the way home.  So since it's been a while, I'm expecting her to wake up any minute.  Better be safe than sorry and stop blogging now before I hear her cry!  Bye for now!

Xoxo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment