Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Valentine's Day Romance - Part II

Happy Tuesday!  I hope you all had a great Valentine's Day and President's Day weekend.  For me, today is the first day of the week (long weekend for the kids), so it was the first day that I was able to sit down and blog.  I've been planning and working tirelessly for Baby K's birthday party.  It will be so beautiful!  I can't wait to show pictures to you all!

I make it a point NOT to go anywhere for dinner on Valentine's Day.  I have nothing against celebrating love, it's just that with 3 young children, we really don't do crowded areas too well.  I find the long wait for table and seats, and even when you're seated, the long wait for food, not worth it.  And to me, it's just more fun to include the children.  Valentine's Day celebrates love, in all shapes and sizes!  So I've made it a tradition (ok, it only started last year, but still...) to make a special Valentine's Day dinner at home.  All food celebrate love.  Whatever I can get in heart shapes, I get.  This year (and last) were heart-shaped pastas.  Then my husband bought heart-shaped sushi and chocolate covered strawberries.  The adults drank wine, the kids had their milk, and we all toasted to the occasion.  The kids LOVE this!  C said, "Mom, thank you for the best dinner ever!  Cheers!"  It's really adorable.  I live for moments like this.  :)  The next morning, they had heart-shaped bagels for breakfast.  The love continued!



Although we didn't go out for Valentine's Day, I still tried to dress up for the occasion.  I had a meeting to attend, so this time, I actually HAD somewhere important to go!  LOL.

Except for the first outfit on my blog, where my husband took the picture, I took pictures myself for all the other ones. Hence, the awkwardness of the poses!  With this one, since it was a Sunday, my husband was able to take it for me.  My smile was genuine - I couldn't stop laughing because I was so embarrassed!


 
Here I'm wearing a skirt I got from Target sometime last December.  I love it because it fits me like a glove.  Here's a similar one. Have I mentioned how much I love A-Line skirts??  They make you look so feminine, while hiding all the flaws at the same time.  The blush pink top is from Nordstrom, you can find similar ones here and here. I got my shoes online somewhere a long time ago, sorry I can't remember!  But here is a similar pair in nude by Nine West.  My necklace is from J Crew, here's a similar one.  if you're not willing to spend that much on a necklace, here's one on sale, and will have a similar look. My earrings are from Francesca's, these here from Forever 21 are similar.

I hope you all had a fantastic weekend.  I sure was able to use that day off to relax a little.  It was nice.  :)

Have a great rest of your Tuesday!  See you soon!

Xoxo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment