Monday, February 3, 2014

The Magic of Makeup

You know, I've always known makeup can transform a person.  But it is literally eye opening when you see the before and after pictures of yourself  Now, I'm not very good at doing different looks with my makeup, but I have tried several brands of various eye makeup over the years, and I've found ones that I really like, and ones that aren't so great.  Thanks to my Asian heritage, my eyes are really small, with almost non-existent eyelashes.  I'm sure a lot of you Asian women out there can relate.  But who wants to go through the hassle of attaching fake lashes everyday?  And those extensions that's all the craze nowadays, they're great and all, but you can't really wear eye makeup with them or else when you try to wipe it off with cotton, the extensions get stuck on the cotton pads and come off, taking those precious few lashes you already have with them.  And let's not even mention the price.  They're outrageous.

So I'm always on the lookout for good mascaras and good eyeliners that make my eyes appear bigger.  So far, I've come across these products that I absolutely love.  And these are for everyday use.   I really like the Lancome Color Design eyeshadow palettes.  And this particular one here in Taupe Craze is my favorite.  The shimmer in the colors, the exact shade of taupe, and the fact that you can wet the sponge applicators to make the colors pop, all work together to enlarge my beady eyes.  But everyone knows what really make Asian eyes pop is the right eyeliner.  For years I was wearing drug store brand liquid eyeliners, but they all smear over my lower lids within a couple of hours.  I finally found this one here by Stila.  Not only can I precisely draw my cat eyes everyday, but they stay on ALL day.  When I order them online, I seriously order 3 at once.  I just don't want to risk running out!  Last but not least, the one thing to add the finishing touches, mascara.  The right mascara makes all the difference.  I used to stay away from the ones that create volume because they tend to clump my eyelashes together.  But this one here from Lancome creates volume without the clumping.  Before I use the mascara though, I first swipe on a layer of mascara primer, Lancome also makes a good one here.

The one tool I can't do without, is my eyelash curler.  I've used my Shu Uemura curler for years, and it is seriously the best.  You can find it here.

Here's a before and after of my right eye.  When I say makeup makes a big difference, I wasn't kidding!

Before

After


Good night!

Xoxo,
Lin

No comments:

Post a Comment